Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Ten things I love about (it's actually only 7 though)...
What Team Shapes & Shadows are loving at the minute:
1) Rollie Pemberton AKA Cadence Weapon supporting The G! Unit in Tripod, Wednesday November 21st. This dude (and Saul Williams of course) are the only sparks in the ever declining Hip Hop scene.
2) Shannyn Sossamon is fucking hot. We all know this. She is the girl I would leave my family for. The multi-talented Sossamon is in a band in which she sings and plays drums called Warpaint! Someone set up a record label with me so we can sign them and I can meet her!
3) Mongrel Magazine will always be my favourite magazine (probably because I have no idea how those messers produce absolute gold every month). Best ever cynical album reviews included.
4) Wayne Rooney. Nemanja Vidic. Christiano Ronaldo. Rio Ferdinand. Gary Neville. Paul Scholes. John O'Shea. Van Der Sar. Owen Hargreaves. Nani. Ryan Giggs. Anderson. Louis Saha. Michael Carrick. Patrice Evra. Wes Brown. Ben Foster. Ji-sung Park. Gerard Pique.
Liverpool are cunts.
5) Blood Red Shoes debut album is a stomper. Not out until next year - I can assure you, it doesn't disappoint. Jack & Meg White in reverse: Steven Ansell (vocals and drums) and Laura-Mary Carter (vocals and guitar). They make dirty, loud guitar music. Get on it already.
6) What would you do if I told you there was a modern day "At The Drive-In" doing the rounds at the minute? Meet Kristian Stockhaus, Øyvind Solheim & Frode Kvinge Flatland: otherwise known as Ungdomskulen. This band rock so fucking hard. Crazy and loud, just the way we like it.
At The Drive-In for 2007!!!
7) Be Kind Rewind is the new movie by everyone's favourite headcase Michel Gondry. The plot is basically incredible: Jerry (Jack Black) is a junkyard worker who attempts to sabotage a power plant that he believes is melting his brain. But when his plan goes awry, the magnetic field that he creates accidentally erases all of the videotapes in a local video store where his best friend Mike (Mos Def) works. Fearing that the mishap will cost Mike his job, the two friends team up to keep the store's only loyal customer, a little old lady with a tenuous grasp on reality (Mia Farrow) from realizing what has happened by recreating and re-filming every movie that she decides to rent. From Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Driving Miss Daisy, RoboCop, Rush Hour 2, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Boyz n the Hood, and The Lion King. Jerry and Mike become the biggest stars in their neighborhood by starring in the biggest movies ever made.
A movie for the Jilted Generation.