Friday, November 16, 2007

Jonny Jonny!



People are always quick to remind me not to slag off the CDs & Vinyls my parents owned as I was growing up
because, eventually I would live by this music.
I had to listen to some awful music (Correction: I thought it was awful at time) when I was growing up.
Born in November 1985, by the early nineties I was forced to sit and listen to such songs:

Queen - The Show Must Go On...
The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin...
The Eagles - Hotel California...
Prefab Sprout - King of Rock n Roll...


Out of the above four examples, one in particular has a special place in my heart now.

Prefab Sprout are one of my favourite bands of all-time.
They haven't exactly "broken up" - so there's a chance they can still do some more live dates.
And seeing as the Electric Picnic is renowned for having recently re-formed bands perform at their mighty festival, I would like to propose that the organisers get Prefab Sprout to perform at the 2008 Festival.
Pleeeeeeease!

The video below is proof that front-man & chief Sprout Paddy McAloone is a fan-bloody-tastic lyricist.
Taken from their second album (and possibly their best) Steve McQueen - this is my favourite song by Prefab Sprout:

Goodbye Lucille #1:

3 comments:

Matt Vinyl said...

That fucking King of Rock & Roll tune was a load of shite. The 'Swoon' album is also pretty good, but obviously nowhere near as good as Steve Mc Queen. Even the name is brilliant.

I Prefer The Obscure Remix said...

November 1985!! Jeez Pedro, thanks for making me feel over the hill yet again. Here I was posting about an album I got in 1984, and you weren't even born! You still off the booze? What's with this emailing me at 2am? Did you have a few at Cadence?
:)

online custom writing service said...

Pure rock!!! This song makes me drivin' crazy!! Real Rock/n/Roll, crazy stuff!