Sunday, January 27, 2008

Late on the bandwagon...

More often than not now, music I initially slag off as being shit - I end up loving 2 months down the line...
I'm going to have to learn to keep my mouth shut and not be so dismissive & music-nazi like in future...
I'm generally very aggressive when I talk about a band or a song that I despise...
So it is quite embarrassing to turn around a little while later and talk about how much I actually now love said band...
In July/August 2007 James Carroller spoke to me about an artist who he said he liked and was tipping to be huge...
This was loooooong before she even released a single, was topping polls or winning awards...
I said I wasn't into her, thought she was so-so, sounded like everything else yaddayaddayadda...
4/5 months on and my piss-poor initial judgement is farcical...
Because right now - I am completely enthralled by Adele...
This young lady has bundles and bundles and BUNdles of talent, something which we should all be very jealous of (she's got really fucking amazing eyes too***)...
I watch live performances of her and I am blown away by that voice, that charm, that endearing charisma...
Very rarely do I walk away from meeting an artist with a very good lasting impression of them...
But Miss Adkins is right up there alongside Saul Williams as one of the better people to work/spend time with...
She is playing an intimate show in Crawdaddy on Sunday March 2nd before coming back in early Summer with a proper full-on 9 piece band to play a bigger venue...
I would recommend everyone to go to the intimate show as at will be one of those special gigs we all read so much about and wish we were at and then secretly tell people that we were actually at the gig...

Adele's Myspace...

This was a less cynical & more enthusiastic post (which is quite rare for me these days)...
Ergo - I'll have to end it on a high note...

What.
A.
Fucking.
Song.

Hometown Glory (live)...


***It's becoming obligatory now for me to name off the physical features I like most in each girl I post about.
I'm a little too callow nowadays I must admit.
;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww. so u can actually make some nice posts if you put your heart into it. this is my favorite post cause it is different to the others and very sweet. i love adele too, a beautful voice.

lucy said...

i am really loving this. thank you for introducing a new artist to me.

Anonymous said...

You are a very good writer young man.

red said...

There was a piece about Adele in the Observer today too, so I went on her myspace and had a listen and also watched your youtube link. Everyone seems to think she's great and maybe I'm just about to do a you on it, but my first impression is that I don't like her at all. At all. ;(

Pedro said...

Kim - Shucks, thank you. But don't get too used to it, I will soon morph back into an idiot in no time.

Lucy - Check out her Myspace. I usually hate this type of music but I have me a soft-spot for Adele...

Your Friend - Not at all...

Red - I fucking loved that piece of her in the Observer. She comes across like the legend that she is. She'll grow on you - I know it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sortof half with Red... I don't rate her songs at all, although I will admit she has a fantastic voice.